Saturday 6 June 2015

Saturday Scribbles



A varied selection of scribbles this Saturday: a (rusty) hand lettering attempt, a commission snippet and snippets from my sketchbook. As ever, the looser my work is the better (I think) it is, but I can never seem to remember that and end up overdrawing my work into disappointment every. damn. time. I think a lightbox could come in handy, but with my current lack of funds or space it's not looking likely that I'll get my hands on one to play with any time soon.

I've decided to not set myself 'projects' over the next few months because I always end up abandoning them and then filling myself with disappointment, so instead I'm just going to focus on doing something every day, no matter how big, small, good or bad it may be; all practice is good practice, after all! One thing I would like to improve however is my hand lettering, and I'd love to get around to creating a set that could come in handy for a new section in my portfolio. My humans could also do with quite a bit of work, too... just a case of keeping busy until things feel a bit more convincing.

1 comment: