Monday 31 August 2015

A Dino Illo


Mid last week, I decided to take on the task of completing the Amelia's Colourful Colouring Companion Open Brief, with two days to get a full illustration and a linework illustration completed between my shifts at Lush. In the end I managed it, but as you'd expect, I wasn't too pleased with my offerings.


I'd been out all day on the Friday of the submission and so didn't get the chance to submit until almost midnight, but it gave me the day to think about whether or not I wanted to submit. After a couple of mojitos, I thought "what the hell" and ended up just submitting – what's the worst that could happen? Of course the worst is that it doesn't make the cut, but for me that was better than never submitting and never knowing.

Even though I'm not too pleased with my final pieces, if anything, it gave me the chance to work quickly again on an externally set brief, so it can only be good practice. I have quite a bit of spare time this week in between work and I really want to sit down and try and work on some more narrative led pieces, so let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment