Wednesday 29 January 2014

e.l.f. | eyeshadow palette


i've really gotten into wearing eyeshadow as of late because, sometimes, a winged eyeliner is just a little more than i can be bothered to try and perfect first thing on a morning. when i saw that e.l.f. had just released some brand new eyeshadow palettes, i was straight in there to snap up this lovely 'natural' palette, composed of nudes, golds and browns and was excited for my delivery to arrive so i could put the palette to the test.

i'll start first of all by saying that my photographs do not do the colours justice at all. my favourite in this palette is definitely the middle top gold, the colour's really lovely and shimmery and really pigmented, and i just generally find that gold colours suit my skin tone and eye colour. when creating my smoky eye, i go all over my lid with the lightest top left colour, then over again with the middle top gold, apply the top right brown to the outer corners of my eyes and then line the bottom and top of my lash line with the bottom right darkest brown to help to define my eyes and keep things looking somewhat dramatic.

i reviewed a h&m eyeshadow palette a couple of months back, and in comparison to that, this e.l.f. palette definitely trumps it. the colours are much easier to get onto your brush and so require less product for more colour intensity, and i find that the colours stay on your lid a lot longer, losing no colour intensity throughout the day. i've never tried any high end eyeshadow palettes and so can't compare this product to any other that might have miraculous all day staying powers, but for just shy of £4, i'd definitely recommend these palettes. once again, e.l.f. have not failed to impress me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment