Thursday 11 September 2014

90s revival



 sunglasses: primark
choker & necklace: lilac edge
dress: upcycled
shoes: primark

yesterday the sun came back out, and as if by magic, the air was warm and it felt like summer once again after the last couple of weeks that've felt a little autumnal, what with the cold bite that's been lingering in the breeze. i decided to embrace the lovely weather and threw on this little gem of a dress that my mum handed down to me at the beginning of the summer. it's a dress of hers from the 90s (potentially older than me!) and although it's a 14 and doesn't fit as intended, i find it looks wonderful as a shift dress that just gently skims over my hips and i love it. the dress was more of a midi style when she gave it to me, but ten minutes with my sewing machine meant i could remove a couple of inches from the bottom and make it into this wonderfully fitting dress that has a somewhat oriental style floral print, which i find gives it a kinda grungy vibe, especially when paired with chunky shoes and a choker. it's altogether a wonderful piece of truly 'vintage' clothing that i very warmly welcomed into my wardrobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment