Monday 28 April 2014

floral kimono

floral kimono: charity shop
black cami: primark
necklace: topshop (old)
ring: craft market
bag: ebay
boots: internacionale (via blog sale)

victory rolls have become my hairstyle of choice lately on second/third day hair because now i've mastered them they're so blummin' quick and easy to do, and also work well on the unwashed, slightly textured hair that my hair seems to become after a few spritzes of dry shampoo. perfect! i'm also at a weird stage of 'do i or don't i want to grow out my fringe?' so i keep opting for either a side or centre parting to keep my overgrown fringe out of my eyes. will i manage to grow it out? probably not, going by the previous failed attempts i've previously made to do so.

i snagged this kimono from a charity shop for £1.50, and i'm a little bit in love with it. my friend told me the other day that his friend said to him "i would dress like robyn, but i can't afford to shop at topshop" and it had me laughing for quite a while. topshop? me? does she not know how incredibly tight i am with my money?! i guess i'd kind of like to use that comment to back up my point of you don't need a lot of money to be able to dress how you like, you just need a good eye and a little bit of patience to find stuff for pennies in charity shops, and often primark. a flattering comment none the less, i guess!

if you have a particularly keen eye, you may have noticed my new glasses here. i'm still waiting on my second pair to be delivered to specsavers and made up for me, so stay tuned for a post about them when they arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment